Another fantastic food that’s excellent to eat and sensational to snack on is The Stuffed Tomato. This incredible ingest-able is perfectly packed with fantastic and filling flavors so unctuous it’s unbelievable. Along with its terrific taste, it holds an even more prestige prize of possibly being one of the most healthy meals in my culinary arsenal. It’s vegetarian friendly and when produced with the proper pieces (soy or rice cheese) can be vegan friendly too. Top with a little bit of salt, pepper and some sriracha and you’ve made a magnificent meal that’s succulently satisfying and honestly healthy for you. In summation, “Steven-Sans Stupendously Stuffed Tomatoes” are so supremely stellar, that the taste buds on your tongue will be thanking you ten thousand times.
– 8 Large tomatoes
– 1 Cup finely chopped onions
– 1/2 Cup of finely chopped celery
– 1/4 Cup of parmesan cheese
– 1/4 Cup of butter
– 1 Tablespoon of dried parsley
– 1/2 Tablespoon of dried basil
– 1/2 Tablespoon of minced garlic
– 1 Tablespoon of salt
– Pepper to taste
– 5 Cups of bread crumbs (About 8 to 10 slices of toasted bread, cut into bite sized pieces)
– 8 slices of mozzarella or cheese of your choice
1. Clean, prepare and arrange all ingredients.
2. Cut top slice off of tomatoes, scoop out the insides with a spoon into a bowl and set off to the side.
3. Rinse tomato shells and turn upside down to drain. Toast about 8 to 10 slices of the bread of your choice and cut them into bite sized pieces.
4. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Saute onions and celery in butter until limp and translucent.
6. Add all other ingredients except for bread crumbs and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add bread crumbs into bowl with tomato pulp along with onion and celery mixture. Mix well and stuff tomatoes with a spoon or clean pair of hands. Carefully fill the tomatoes with the mixture.
8. Place stuffed tomatoes into pie or casserole dish and bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
9. After 25 minutes, remove and add a slice of mozzarella to the tops off each tomato. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy.