After a long and tiring night out, which honestly is still missing a few pieces, I awoke late this evening to discover the most shocking of things… I was nominated for the “Sunshine Award”. While still being relatively new to this whole blogging experience, I know enough to be humbled and flattered by this generous act of kindness. Thanks to Casey at “Case of the Munchies” for the nomination. It’s the first blog I subscribed to and with the array of amazing recipes on that site, it’s no wonder why I would. If you haven’t yet, you should definitely check out that blog- http://caseofthemunchies.wordpress.com/. The food looks beautiful and I’m sure it taste even better, which is saying a lot, because those meals look absolutely gorgeous.
With all that being said, I will now attempt to follow the protocol and guidelines that come with this prestigious award.
The rules of the award are:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3 Answer the 10 questions listed below
4 Nominate up to 10 blogs for the award, a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5 Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? — Umm, any of the 10 sages Alexander visited in India. The question “What is stronger, life or death?” and the answer “Life, because it endures so many evils.” has always resonated with me for some reason.
2. What is your favorite number? — 42. It’s Jackie Robinson’s jersey number. The amazingly accurate answer to life, the universe and everything according to Hitch Hikers Guide. And I think it has something to do with the Enchiridion in “Adventure Time” too, but I could be wrong.
3. What is your favorite animal? — A Whale-Nocerus. An animal I invented one night while playing one of my favorite games “Name any 2 animals and I’ll drunkenly draw a combination of the two.” Sketches of this magical animal are available upon request.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? — I don’t have a twitter account and my facebook was created only so I could get my friends to join my fantasy basketball league one year. FYI, no one joined. It’s https://www.facebook.com/etienne.casablancas?ref=tn_tnmn and the name is “Cheval De Reve”.
5. What is your favorite time of the day? — The earliest part of the morning. 5, 5:30 a.m.- That time of the morning before I exercise or go to work, just sipping my coffee and looking forward to the day. A lot of people see the sun set, but not enough people get to watch it rise.
6. What was your favorite vacation? — That’s a tough one. 3 way tie between Montreal, Chicago and SF I guess. Montreal had the cold weather I love and Majesty of Mcgill University and Mount Royal. Chicago has some the the best food and beer on the planet (Goose Island Brewery!) and I’ve never once had a bad time there. San Francisco had the most beautiful scenery I’ve ever seen and being in California, sometimes it feels like a you’re in a completely different country. I can’t even begin to explain it.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? — Running on an elliptical while wearing weighted clothing. 45 pound vest and 5 pounds on each arm and leg- training like a Dragon Ball character.
8. What is your non-alcoholic drink? — Hmm, maybe black hazelnut iced coffee. It’s about 98% water, so maybe the actual answer is water.
9. What is your favorite flower? — Edelweiss. I’m not exactly sure what it looks like, but I do know I love saying that word.
10. What is your passion? — My passion? Maybe it’s my eternal quest for happiness. I haven’t quite found it yet, but I’ve certainly enjoyed searching for it. The places it’s taken me and the people I’ve met along the way have all been worth it and made this experience extraordinarily lovely. They say there are no free rides in life, but I can honestly say that I’ve rode shotgun in the car of life while contributing very little in gas money. Having an open mind and a passionate lust for life has made me, for better or worse, the person I am today.
Blogs I nominate:
Casey Lee from http://caseofthemunchies.wordpress.com/, obviously. I can’t say enough about about how great the food on that blog looks. The addition of eggs or avocados makes anything better, and there’s a few recipes on that site that do just that.
http://frugalfeeding.com/- A lot of people seem to follow his blog and with the delicious looking food on that blog, it’s really no surprise. The blueberry brownies look fantastic.
http://lifeisshorteathard.wordpress.com/- Again, I can’t begin to put into words how amazing the food on this blog looks. I just checked out the marinated lamb on that site and my mouth is watering. I’m tempted to hop in the car right now and go out buy what I need to replicate that recipe.
There are so many more amazing blogs out there that I haven’t gotten a chance to see yet, but I fully intend on checking out as many as I can. Thanks again for this nomination and viewing my blog. If I can help one person cook a nice meal, than I feel that creating this site was all worth it.