When I was younger, I used to joke around with my friends about opening a night club and calling it “The Technodrome”. A club that would be a step above all the rest. The name stuck out in my head for several reasons. First- when opening a disco style dance club that plays non stop techno music all night, the word “Technodrome” just seems appropriate. Second- it pays a nerdy homage to my boyhood love of “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”. I’m sure Krang, Shredder and the rest of the Foot Clan would be proud of me. And third- is there a word that sounds any more awesome than “Technodrome”? Seriously, it just resonates with an aura of coolness. Of course, I never did open a club that was a step above all the rest- but I did create a club sandwich that was. I passed the name onto the sandwich and “The Technodrome” was born.
Forged with flavor, supremely scrumptious and very versatile, this specialty sandwich can be eaten hot and fresh with some fries and salad for a tasty and terrific lunch or wrapped up in tin foil and served cold out of the fridge, after a night out on the town as a wonderful way to soak up some booze. Regardless of where and when, time and temperature- it always hits the spot. Here’s a list of ingredients and simple steps to follow for you to make this sensational sandwich at home.
-3 filleted pieces of chicken breast (cut and cleaned)
-12 strips of bacon (2 for each sandwich)
-6 slices of provolone cheese (1 for each sandwich)
-6 hamburger buns (toasted or grilled w/ non stick spray or butter)
Mixture For Seasoned Breading
-1/2 cup of flour
-1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
-salt and pepper (to taste)
-2 table spoons of paprika
-1 table spoon of Adobo
-1 tablespoon of garlic powder
-1 plastic bag or medium bowl for mixing
For Honey Mustard Sauce
-1 teaspoon of mayonnaise
-2 tablespoons of dijon or brown mustard
-3 tablespoons of honey
-1 teaspoon of garlic powder
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by combining your seasoned breading mixture into a bag or bowl. Shake or stir and set off to the side.
2. Add your honey mustard ingredients into a bowl, stir and place in the fridge for later.
3. Clean and prepare your chicken. Filleting into large, thin cutlets.
4. Lightly coat frying pan with thin layer of cooking oil and turn flame on high.
5. Place cutlets into seasoned mixture. Coat evenly and place into frying pan, reducing heat down between high and medium setting. Cook on to each side for 8 to 9 minutes, until golden brown. When finished, place onto cooling rack over a cooking sheet.
6. Begin frying bacon in separate pan. Cook until crispy, remove from pan and place onto a paper towel to absorb some grease. Set off to the side.
7. Set oven to 350 degrees. Once heated, add chicken on cooling rack, over the pan to removed some of the oil from the frying process. Cook for 10 minutes on 1 side, remove from oven, then turn them over. Add 2 strips of bacon and slice of provolone to each fried cutlet. Place back in oven and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Grill or toast hamburger buns on frying pan or in toaster oven. Grill with non stick spray or butter.
9. Take chicken out off the oven and place onto a bun. Spread honey mustard sauce over topside of the bun. Add sprinkle of salt and pepper (if desired) and close sandwich.
10. Serve with french fries, or potato chips with salad or veggies. Feeds up to 6 people- or 3, depending on how hungry they are. Bon appetite.