A very wise woman, by the alliterative name of Liz Lemon once said “All of humankind has one thing in common: The sandwich. I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich.” Truer words have never been spoken, and that quintessential quote rings even more true when attempting to heal a hangover. It is this bashful bloggers esteemed estimation that nearly nothing seems to soak up the alcohol in one’s stomach quite like to prestigious power of pork products. When combined with the creamy, custardy qualities of a radically runny egg, some choice cheeses and a supremely soft slice of breathtaking bread- you’ve got yourself the ultimate hangover cure! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you “The Super-Nova”, a sandwich that’s out of this world- a stellar explosion of flavor. It’s so amazingly awesome, it’ll have you feeling fine in no time.
Note: For those supporters of spice, who enjoy a little kick with their food, I’ve including a recipe for my spicy “Hellion Sauce” that compliments any sandwich and makes all foods splendidly succulent.
Ingredients For Super Nova-
- 4 Slices of ham (grilled)
- 4 Slices of bacon
- 2 Eggs (Over easy or Sunny Side up)
- 2 Slices of Cheese (I use cheddar, but feel free to be creative)
- 1 Medium sized sub roll (Italian or French bread works well too)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients For Hellion Sauce-
- 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons of horseradish
- 3 Teaspoons of Sriracha
- Dash of Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes (To taste)
- 1/2 A teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 A teaspoon of Adobo
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
1. Begin by lightly coating a frying pan or griddle with non stick cooking spray or butter, then start frying your bacon.
2. Once it starts to crisp up and if you have enough room in your pan, start grilling your ham. If you have limited cooking space, finish cooking your bacon- set it off to the side and grill the ham in the same pan.
3. Once your ham is done, set off to the side with your bacon.
4. Cut your sub roll half way down the middle. Add “Hellion Sauce” if you choose, by spreading it onto one side of your roll. Next, add the ham, followed by the bacon.
5. Now start cooking your eggs to your liking (over easy preferred). Flip once, then place slice of cheese over each egg- allow cheese to melt.
6. Once eggs are cooked and cheese is melted, place them on top on the ham and bacon. Now close your sandwich. Cut it in half if you choose. Serve with a Mimosa, Bloody Mary or ice cold beer. Enjoy!